The state of Uttar Pradesh in India is fighting hard to remove illiteracy and at the same time, the government of the state is encouraging for more universities to open up. Major investments by the government in education sector in UP creates a favourable climate for more universities to come up. This will also enable the students to study locally rather than moving to other cities for their higher education and other professional courses. The education system of UP has been improved with focused efforts of the state government in warding off illiteracy. This state is served by excellent centres for higher education. Here, you will also come across universities which offer specialized education in various courses.
Uttar Pradesh has made significant contributions in the field of Education and Social Welfare. The State has made major investments over the past few years at all levels of education and has achieved significant success. It has recognized and supported the continuing critical-role of private-sector in the expansion of education in the State. Uttar Pradesh Government is constantly working on promoting education in the state.
In Uttar Pradesh (UP), state in India, there are many world class Universities which offers various higher education programs and professional courses to the students, including business management, journalism and mass communication, design and architecture, marine engineering and nautical sciences, engineering and technology, paramedical sciences, visual and performing arts, hospitality and catering technology. Considering the size of Uttar Pradesh, it is not surprising that it has a large number of academic and research institutions.
These institutions are mostly under the jurisdiction of the State Government, but several have been established by the Central Government. The state has contributed immensely by producing some extraordinary scholars who have made India proud in the international scenario.
List of Few Top Universities in UP state
- The Indian Institute of Technology located in Kanpur is known foe providing the best technical education in the country.
- Purvanchal University is now known, as Veer Bahadur Purvanchal University imparts education in the backward and rural region of Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate University of Medical Sciences is situated in Lucknow.
- The Banaras Hindu University was founded by the great nationalist leader, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya in 1916. A Central University it covers the total spectrum of higher education.
- The Rohilkhand University with its campus at Bareilly has been accredited with a B+ status by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- The Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University is situated in Lucknow and is one of the youngest Central Universities in India.
- The Chandrashekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology located in Kanpur imparts education and conducts agricultural research in India.
- The Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth formerly known as Kashi Vidyapeeth is located in Varanasi.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University located in Meerut offers postgraduate education in the disciplines in agriculture, arts, education, science and management.
- A new University in Uttar Pradesh called Noida International University (formerly Noida University) is being set up for the development of the state education program. The university aims at convenient provision of higher education to the students so that they do not have to move to other states for the same. This University in U.P, also provide good career opportunity for teaching professionals. It aims to achieve highest quality of education to their students with research opportunities for a better growth in their professional careers ahead.